Import Export Code (IEC) – Now get Instant IEC Certificate
The continuous effort has been made by the Government of India to improve the status of doing business in India at the international level. This can be seen through the numerous steps and moves taken by the Government to make easy communication between the Stakeholders and Government authority. New Steps taken towards “Ease of Doing Business and Digital India” with respect to the registration of Import and Export Code campaign are:
- DGFT has vided Public Notice 27/2015-2020 dated 08.08.2018 has done away the requirement of DSC for applying fresh IEC including modification thereunder. Further, only an online application can be filed for obtaining IEC and modification thereof.
ONLINE IEC APPLICATION WITH EFFECT FROM 09.08.2018:
- Apply online for IEC fresh application/modification.
- Fill PAN of the applicant, the server will automatically verify the PAN with CBDT Database.
- If the PAN is verified duly, then:
- In the case of Fresh application, provide name and date of birth of the applicant and Submit. Provide mobile number and Email ID to generate OTP and Login to the portal.
- In case of modification, also provide File Number [without slash (/)] and Date of the last IEC application file processed. The server will automatically verify details with DGFT database.
- Fill the Applicant Master, Branch Details and Director Master. Make the payment of application:
- In case of fresh application, Rs. 500/-
- In case of modification Rs. 200/-
- Attach the following documents along with Signed copy of Application:
Nature of Application
Fresh Application Only 2 documents are required:
- Copy of cancelled cheque or Banker’s Certificate
- Address Proof of the entity
In case of Modification:-
- Change in PAN: Copy of PAN
- Copy of ID and Address proof in case of change in details of Proprietor/ Karta / Partner/ Director/ Designated Partner/ Secretary
- DIN details in case of change of Director/ Designated Partner as per MCA details and Copy of Partnership deed in case of change in Partners
- Sale deed/ Rental or Lease Agreement/ Mobile/ Telephone/ Electricity Bill, in case of change of Address
- Copy of cancelled cheque/ Banker’s Certificate, in case of change of Bank Details
- Copy of Partnership Deed/ Trust Deed/ Certificate of Incorporation of Company or Society if the same are modified
- In case of any other change, any statutory document substantiating the change AND
- Part -C for Modification request AND
- Signed copy of application
- Submit the application. The requirement to affix dsc has been alienated.
- On successful submission, instant allotment of IEC and print facility is available with the User.
- However, the responsibility for the authenticity of the documents shall be on the Applicant.
POINTS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF
- All details in attachment shall correspond to the details provided in the Form.
- The attachment should be legible
- File to be in JPEG/GIF
- Size should not exceed 5MB
- Use Google Chrome Browser to upload attachments.
- Request for alteration of Mobile No and Email ID can be made but only one at a time. Both cannot be altered at the same time, the application shall not be entertained for both in one go.
- The application need not be signed digitally.
The timeline to obtain Import Export Code has been reduced from 7-10 days to just a 5 Minute Job. Once the applicant submits the application IEC shall be allotted immediately. The new portal has been designed in such a way that the basic details of the applicant are verified at the initial stage. Now it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide correct details so that the time involved can be cut down to instant. However, to make the stakeholders accountable for the information provided, penal provision has been laid down for incomplete and wrong information. Therefore, stakeholders need to ensure that documents correspond with the information provided in the application. Government is actually trying to put efforts towards its motto “SabkaSath, Sabka Vikas”. Now, it is the responsibility of the stakeholders to support and contribute towards the Ease of Doing business in India Campaign.