FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE UNIT REGISTRATION (FIU REGISTRATION)
Every reporting entity under Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 is required to furnish information to the Director, FIU-IND (Financial Intelligence Unit- India). FIU-IND is a central agency and not a regulatory authority whose object is to collect and share/ disseminate financial intelligence information regarding suspicious transaction with the enforcement agencies. All reporting entity needs / to furnish this information through secure online FINnet gateway. The reporting entity needs to register itself with the portal to furnish required information with FIU-IND.
The need for registration is in pace just after the FIU-IND released a list of non compliant NBFC’s for not registering them and their designated principal officer under PML Act, 2002 and PML rules with the agency. Therefore, to remove this tag of non compliant, every non compliant NBFC’s is trying to register themselves and their designated principal officer with the agency.
The authorised users for the Portal are Principal Officer and Other users. Other user includes supervisor to principal officer, alternate principal officer, technical person, trainer and other users. The registration process requires submission of basic details of the user or reporting entity. The 3 steps registration process to register as new user are:
- Reporting Entity (RE) selection
- Principal Officer (PO) registration
- Other User (OU) registration
Reporting Entity (RE) selection
The very first step is to select the reporting entity form the database with FIU-IND. The process of selection of reporting entity is as follows:
- Log into Financial Intelligence Network FIN net Gateway ie. www.finnet.gov.in.
- Click register as new user for fresh registration.
- Search by providing FIU reporting entity ID (FIUREID). It is a 10 digit unique number provided to each reporting entity by FIU-IND.
- Select the reporting entity details to move to next stage.
- In case non availability of FIUREID or no search results found, then the user has to submit basic details of the reporting entity.
- Fill the basic details such as reporting entity’s name, category and details of the user.
- On submission, the system will display the following message:
- The following registration details of the reporting entity have been submitted to FIU-IND. Your reporting entity registration request number is: ________. Please click on the registration request number to take the printout for future reference. On approval the FIUREID of the reporting entity will be communicated at the email ID provided.
- The User need to mail the registration request number @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Paper/ hard copy may be posted to Director, Financial Intelligence Unit-India, 6th Floor, Hotel Samrat, New Delhi 110021.
Once FIUREID has been allotted, the same shall be intimated to the user via email provided at the time of registration, the user can move to next step of registration.
Principal Officer Registration
Every reporting entity needs to appoint a person as Principal officer under 2 (1) (f) of the rules. The Principal Officer can be registered only after the reporting entity is selected. The steps to register the Principal Officer are as follows:
- Select reporting entity from the list
- Select role of Principal officer from dropdown list.
- Submit details of Principal Officer for registration.
- User registration request number is generated with the following message:
- “The following registration details have been submitted to FIU-IND. Your User registration request number is: _________. Please click on the registration request number to take the printout of the Principal Officer Registration Request. The signed copy of this request with countersignature of the supervisor to the Principal Officer is required to be submitted to FIU-IND. On approval your Login Name and password will be sent at the e-mail ID provided.”
- Send the signed copy of Principal Officer registration request number which is to be duly stamped and counter signed by the supervisor of Principal officer via email @ email@example.com or through post to Director, Financial Intelligence Unit-India, 6th Floor, Hotel Samrat, New Delhi 110021 with envelope heading as “PO Registration Request Number”.
- On approval, Login and Password will be mailed to the Principal Officer. The reporting entity and Principal officer can have the same Email ID. Further, the multiple reporting entity/ Principal Officer of multiple reporting entity shall have the unique email ID.
Other user Registration
The supervisor to principal officer, alternate principal officer, technical person, trainer and other users shall fall in the category of other user of FIU-IND Portal. The process of registration of other user shall be initiated by the Principal Officer of the reporting entity only. Signed copy of Registration request is to be submitted to FIU-IND. The User Admin of FIU-IND shall approve the details. On approval, the user will receive login ID and password via mail provided at the time of registration.