Reserve Unique Name- Boon for Entrepreneurs
Reserve Unique Name: New Name availability Service
On the occasion of the 69th Republic day, the Government of India takes another step towards ease of doing business in India. After the successful launch of Simplified Proforma for Incorporating Company electronically (SPICe -INC-32), with eMoA (INC-33), eAOA (INC-34), the Ministry of Corporate Affairs has now launched a new web service “RUN” (Reserve Unique Name) for reserving the name for a company w.e.f. 26th January 2018. Name applications will be processed by the Central Registration Centre(CRC) under Non-STP mode. The name applied for will be subjected to a comprehensive check by the Central Registration(CRC).
Every person desirous to incorporate a New Company/ change name of Existing Company is required to apply for the name using the RUN service. The steps to apply name through RUN service are as follows:
- Login into MCA portal.
- Go to MCA Service>Company Service>RUN(Reserve Unique Name)
- Fill the following 4 questions:
- Entity type (Limited New Company/Producer
- Company/Unlimited/Private(OPC)/Sec. 8/IFSC/Nidhi Company)
- CIN (only in case of change of name of an existing Company)
- Name (Auto Name check facility is available)
- Comments (Objects of the proposed company or any other relevant comment)
- Attachment (relating to Sectoral Regulator approval/NOCs/ or any other document)
- Submit the form and make payment of Rs. 1,000/-.
- Once you have submitted the name reservation request, it will then be checked and, if found feasible, approved by the Central Registration Centre (CRC). The stakeholder will receive an email from the CRC advising the outcome of the name reservation request.
- Once approved, the name will be valid for
- 20 days in the case of a new company.
- 60 days in case of existing Company
Points to remember
- A stakeholder may note that:
- Only one name can be applied at a time.
- Prior to submission of applications, it is advised to conduct Name and Trade Mark search by using the links available separately on the MCA portal and also ensure that the proposed name is not in violation of Companies Act, 2013.
- Need to make payment of Rs. 1,000/- every time one submit the form.
- No resubmission is allowed. The form will be either approved/rejected.
- Incorporation form is to be filed from the same User ID from which the name was approved.
- A single attachment of a maximum of 6 MB can be uploaded. So in case of multiple documents, one needs to scan all document as a single file.
Benefits of RUN Service
- No DIN required for an applicant
- No DSC required for filling the name reservation form.
- Auto Check facility for name availability.
- Easy access for name application.
The drawback of RUN Service
- Only 1 name is allowed at a time.
- No resubmission allowed. The form will be either approved/rejected.
- Every time we submit a form through RUN service, payment of Rs. 1,000/- is to be made. The RUN service is a step towards starting a business easier. It will help stakeholders to start their business with a name of their choice. Also will help them to reduce cost and time involved in acquiring DSC and DIN before reserving the name. For more information on RUN Service, drop a mail @email@example.com. Disclaimer: The entire contents of this article have been prepared on the basis of relevant information existing at the time of preparation. The User of the information is informed that the views, thoughts and opinions expressed in the text belong solely to the author. The User of the information agrees that this is not and professional advice and is subject to change without notice. The author shall not be liable for any direct and indirect damage resulting out of or in connection with the use of the information.