Process to change registered office within the state
Every Company must have one principal place of business where it carries on its business activity which is in case of Company known as registered office. The registered office is very important from the perspective of general public, shareholder, customer, vendors and for various other points of view. It is also important from the perspective of Companies Act, 2013, in the terms of section 7 of the Act, every company must have its registered office address from the date of commencement of business or within 15 days from the date of incorporation, whichever is earlier, in which all the official letters and document will be sent by any person, any government, or non- government or any regulatory body.Why do we need to have registered office? There are various purpose for which it’s become vital for the Company to have its registered office.
- For ascertaining the jurisdiction of the court in case of any dispute;
- For ascertaining the domicile status of the company;
- For service of any type of documents to company;
- For keeping of minutes, books of account and statutory registers and inspection thereof;
- For ascertaining the applicability of rate of stamp duty on memorandum of association, article of association, share certificate, share transfer, and debenture certificate etc.
- 1. First calling of Board Meeting for following purposes:
- A. Work to be done before calling of Board Meeting:
- i. Call board meeting by giving not less than 7 days notice to all the directors of the company;
- ii. Prepare the agenda of the board meeting with respect to the matters to be discussed and decided;
- iii. Prepare the attendance sheet of the board meeting
- B. Work to be done at the time of Board Meeting:
- i. Place before the board of director, the resolution for shifting of registered office within the local limit of the same city, village or town and take approval thereof.
- Filing of E-Form with ROC
- A. The company is required to file E-Form INC-22 with the ROC within 15 days from the date of passing of Board Resolution along with the following attachments:
- i. The registered document of the title of the premises of the registered office address;
- ii. The notarized copy of lease or rent agreement in the name of company along with the copy of rent paid receipt;
- iii. No objection certificate for use of premises as company registered office;
- iv. Utility bill i.e. telephone bill, gas bill, electricity bill etc. depicting the address of the premises in the name of the owner, which is not older than 2 months.
- Make adequate modification in the documents
- A. The new registered office details must be noted down and make appropriate changes in the Name plate kept on the outside of every office of the company, its letter heads, business letters, bills of exchanges, and other relevant documents where the registered office address is mentioned.
Conclusion: Hope the above article has helped you to understand the importance of registered office and procedure for change of registered office of the Company. In case of any doubt, please feel free to contact us at www.complianceship.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and +91-8010233173.